A BLDC ceiling fan is way better than the regular ones in terms of cost-saving and longevity. However, you may still need to shift to smart fans for some reasons. In this blog, we aim to cover everything you should know about BLDC fans so that you get a holistic idea of them and their advantages. So let’s get to it without any further ado.
What is a BLDC Fan?
A BLDC fan is an electric motor used to run fans that don’t use brushes. It’s a type of motor that is more reliable and efficient than conventional fans. It consists of a rotor with permanent magnets with coils. These fans are usually used in cooling systems of devices such as computers and other home appliances.
How Does it Work?
A BLDC fan has a rotor with coils. When the power is applied to these coils, it generates a magnetic field that interacts with the rotor's magnetic field. Now, this interaction causes the rotor to drive and rotate the fan blades. The working of fans is so subtle that it doesn’t make noise. In fact, these fans are known for their quiet operation, efficiency, and longer lifespan compared to conventional motors.
What is its Cost?
However, it’s always best to research and compare several options before purchasing a BLDC fan. This ensures you get value for money while also satisfying your needs.
What are its Advantages?
- They are more efficient since they don’t have the energy losses which come with other conventional fans.
- They operate very quietly as they don’t produce the same level of electrical noise.
- They are controlled using electronic speed controllers, which means they offer better speed and torque control.
- They are more compact, making them apt for small appliances and other electronic devices.
- They have very few mechanical parts than conventional motors, so they have a long lifespan and need less maintenance.
The advantages of BLDC fans are endless. Whether that’s because of their manufacturing style or lifespan, BLDC fans add perfectly to your contemporary space.
The blog should have helped you know everything about a BLDC fan. From what it is to its working and price. To know more about BLDC fans, it’s wise to consult a ceiling fan manufacturer as they will have the right people who can help you choose the right one. Do your research and find the manufacturer that has a fan with features that satisfy your needs. Good luck!